Monday, 13 August 2007

Archbishop Fulton Sheen

[with thanks to catholic Mom of 10 for reminding me]


When I lived in the US Friday nights used to be enlivened by the fantastic TV show from the 1950's hosted by one of the greatest evangelists of the 20th century. [9p.m. ET on EWTN for those with satellite tv]

Anyone who has problems understanding Neo-Thomistic thought vs modern interpretations of God I cannot more highly recommend a book more than " God and Intelligence in Modern Philosophy" [1925] [FS's doctoral thesis, foreword by GKC!]

before I slip off to sleep I frequently listen to one of the radio programmes from times past - sure he shouts a bit, but they are wonderful and somewhat better than anything I hear from the pulpit from our curate [bless him!]


http://www.americancatholictruthsociety.com/articles/sheen.htm

No comments: