Friday, 24 August 2007

Oh good grief ! What Next !???


From 'In the Light of the Law' blog.


"The practice of spouses jointly celebrating the sacrament of confession recently garnered support from Catholic News Service veteran columnist Fr. John Deitzen. Provided that couples "approve and consider it helpful for their marriage", Deitzen holds that spouses may confess their sins in each other's presence and receive absolution. He notes only that each spouse would be bound by the seal of confession in regard to what he or she learned about the other. "

Now there are intrinsic canonical problems with this and Edward N. Peters JD. JCD. goes into them in detail on his blog:



But Seriously ???

What planet are these priests on ? You'd think with all their decades of alleged 'experience' in dealing with marital relations they would realise that this has to be one of the stupidest ideas ever !!!

2 comments:

James H said...

Good post. I saw this a couple of weeks ago ina Catholic paper and it sounded like a very bad idea. I am going to link

gemoftheocean said...

No kidding. I hope the priest is a karate expert to keep them apart.

Man: I slept with a whore the weekend I said I was going out of town.

Woman: I slept with your brother that week.

Maybe the priest would be getting a "vertical market" for funeral masses.

Karen H. -- San Diego, Ca.