Wednesday, 19 September 2007

She Passed !!!



The kids and I almost wore our rosaries out...
Four times already she'd taken the test; four times we had to tear up the congratulations card and hide it in the dustbin....
But fifth time lucky ! Nicky finally passed her driving test today - there were snoopy dances all round....Mum is finally vehicle-friendly!!



But so much money has been spent over the year on driving lessons and tests we now have about four and tuppence ha'penny to spend on an automatic car...maybe we'll be able to get one by Christmas if we scrimp and save and avoid luxuries like food and hot water ??!

Anyway, here's hoping the new driver [we've dubbed her 'nicky louder!'] doesn't get carried away...cue video clip....

3 comments:

Rita said...

Brilliant news. It took me six attempts and I only passed last year!

gemoftheocean said...

remind her:
"Just because you have wheels now doesn't mean they always have to be turning."

[Said my aunt to my cousin when he passed his test many moons ago.]

WhiteStoneNameSeeker said...

Whey-hey! COngratulations to Nicky!
She and I might be on the road at the same time-our car goes in for crip-adjustments on 22nd Oct and then I'll be driving too-hehehe, with both of us on the road everyone in the UK had better stay indoors :)