Monday, 8 October 2007

How do you carry on after something like this ?


A very sad time in our parish this week:

A ten year old ex-classmate friend of my younger son's has an asthma attack and dies.

A baby girl is born dead ; and only a couple of week's after returning to University, Our deacon's nineteen year old son [who worked with me in ASDA] was found dead in his bed...

It's only a few months ago that two of my elder son's friends and classmates for many years were tragically killed in a car accident....

I cannot begin to contemplate what their families are going through....

We are graced with a belief in the Resurrection, but no matter what solace that may bring it cannot console such a loss at these times....

We do not understand ; but we know God loves us.

God's will be done in all things ; but I feel guilty and ashamed that I thank God it's not my kids who are gone, and in a panic plead with Him not to take mine away but take me instead....

No comments: