Sunday, 7 October 2007

To find Eternity in an hourglass...and Jesus in an X-box 360 ??

My kids are desperate for the lastest 'mega' console game 'Halo 3'
I must confess that I know very little about the series...having little spare time to join them in their shoot-em-ups and puzzle solving, their zombie slashing, Dragon-slaying, planet-saving exploits....
But this weekend's editorial from the Catholic Herald has Luke Coppen commenting that The Evangelical Right in the US have adopted the 'Messianic' nature of MasterChief-117 [the chief protagonist in this latest game ] as an evangelical Christ-like figure ?
What next ? Sonic the hedgehog for dalai lama ?
Zelda as the patron saint of gamers?
Super Mario being worshipped in a Shinto Temple ?
I dread to think.....anyway here's the trailer :

1 comment:

gemoftheocean said...

I think Esther over at hicatholicmom proposed that one of the boy Korean Martyrs be the patron saint of video game players. I liked the idea!

Karen
[Her son Joey loves to play.]