Tuesday, 23 April 2013

A Blessed St George's Day..with desperate prayers for Our Lady's Dowry.



 St. George, Heroic Catholic soldier and defender of your Faith, you dared to criticize a tyrannical Emperor and were subjected to horrible torture. You could have occupied a high military position but you preferred to die for your Lord. Obtain for us the great grace of heroic Christian courage that should mark soldiers of Christ. Amen

 O GOD, who granted to Saint George strength and constancy in the various torments which he sustained for our holy faith; we beseech You to preserve, through his intercession, our faith from wavering and doubt, so that we may serve You with a sincere heart faithfully unto death. Through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

 Faithful servant of God and invincible martyr, Saint George;
favoured by God with the gift of faith, and inflamed with an ardent love of Christ, you fought valiantly against the dragon of pride, falsehood, and deceit. Neither pain nor torture, sword nor death could part you from the love of Christ. I fervently implore you for the sake of this love to help me by your intercession to overcome the temptations that surround me, and to bear bravely the trials that oppress me, so that I may patiently carry the cross which is placed upon me; and let neither distress nor difficulties separate me from the love of Our Lord Jesus Christ. Valiant champion of the Faith, assist me in the combat against evil, that I may win the crown promised to them that persevere unto the end.



O Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God and our most gentle Queen and Mother, look down in mercy upon England thy "Dowry" and upon us all who greatly hope and trust in thee. By thee it was that Jesus our Saviour and our hope was given unto the world; and He has given thee to us that we might hope still more. Plead for us thy children, whom thou didst receive and accept at the foot of the cross. O sorrowful Mother! intercede for our separated brethren, that with us in the one true fold they may be united to the supreme Shepherd, the Vicar of thy Son. Pray for us all, dear Mother, that by faith fruitful in good works we may all deserve to see and praise God, together with thee, in our heavenly home. Amen.






“It is not hatred that is wrong, it is hating the wrong thing that is wrong.
It is not anger that is wrong, it is being angry at the wrong thing that is wrong.
Tell me your enemy, and I will tell you what you are.
Tell me your hatred, and I will tell you your character.
Do you hate religion? Then your conscience bothers you.
Do you hate the wealthy? Then you are avaricious, and you want to be wealthy.
Do you hate sin? Then you love God.
Do you hate your hate, your selfishness, your quick temper, your wickedness?
Then you are a good soul, for  
‘if any man come to me and hate not his own life, he cannot be my disciple’ Luke 14:26”
[Ven. Fulton Sheen]


No comments: